Statement of Mission and Values
Education shapes the life of every individual and is fundamental to the survival and success of society. Education is too important to leave to chance; nothing less than excellence will do.
The Association for Direct Instruction was founded to promote research validated instructional methods that result in an outstanding education for all students, and prepares them to be fully engaged members of society.
The Association’s vision is an excellent education for every student; the education every child deserves.
The Association’s mission is based on the belief that:
- All students can succeed if they are provided effective teaching and support
- All teachers can succeed if they are given effective tools, professional development, and support
- provide accurate, current information and outstanding professional development in the use of Direct Instruction programs and related educational practices that support positive outcomes for students.
- advocate throughout the community of educational stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, policy makers, legislators, parents, and the general public, to ensure that they are knowledgeable about Direct Instruction.
- support and publish research on Direct Instruction and effectively disseminate the information to a broad audience.
- actively identify new educational contexts in which Direct Instruction can improve outcomes for children.
- actively identify and partner with organizations that share the cause of improving the success of children by improving the effectiveness of teachers, and
- reach out to the entire community of Direct Instruction users and advocates with information, training, networking and other forms of support.
The mission of the Association for Direct Instruction is to:
The focus and work of the Board of Directors and staff of the Association for Direct Instruction are driven by the following core values.
Enthusiasm:We enthusiastically embrace the opportunity to support every teacher and every student in achieving excellence. We approach our work with an attitude that we must take every opportunity to learn from our students, from our colleagues, and from scientific research so that we can reach more students and make an even greater difference in their lives.
Commitment: We are committed to do everything in our power to promote an outstanding education for children. All activities of ADI are directed to this purpose and must contribute to it in the most powerful possible ways. We are further committed to develop an effective and professional organization that is capable of successfully promoting this purpose.
Accountability: We are accountable for our actions that promote outstanding education for children. We are accountable to society for contributing to their outstanding education. We are accountable to our members and stakeholders for fulfilling our mission and using the resources of the organization responsibly, efficiently and creatively.
Excellence: The importance of education demands nothing less than excellence at all levels. We strive to make excellence the hallmark of every task undertaken by ADI. We consistently endeavor to perform at the highest level of competence and take pride in our accomplishments.
Questions About DI?
We Have Answers!
30 E. Broadway, Ste 150 Eugene, OR 97401
M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We hope you stop by and see us in person, but if not, here's how to find us...