Association for Direct Instruction Overview
ADI, the first 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for the Direct Instruction community, was launched in Eugene Oregon in 1981 and today is the single largest provider of workshops and conferences on Direct Instruction. ADI is also the publisher of DI News and the Journal of Direct Instruction. ADI was founded to promote research validated instructional methods that result in an outstanding education for all students, and prepares them to be fully engaged members of society. Our vision is an excellent education for every student; the education every child deserves.
We believe that:
- All students can succeed if they are provided effective teaching support
- All teachers can succeed if they are given effective tools, professional development, and support
Volunteering with ADI
Special Volunteer Opportunity for Eugene, Oregon Teachers
Attend our 2012 National Conference for free by volunteering at the conference. Call our office at 541-485-1293 for more information.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
ADI is seeking motivated interns to assist with a variety of projects and initiatives related to:
- Afterschool Tutoring
- Grant Writing
- Scholarly Research
Interns will be assigned projects on an as needed basis and will have the opportunity to work across a range of program areas. ADI is a very small office where interns have the opportunity to take on a great deal of responsibility. This internship is an excellent opportunity for those interested in learning about grant writing and administration, fundraising, and working with struggling students from the local community.
ADI prefers a candidate to work part time for a minimum of 12-15 weeks. Internships at ADI are unpaid.
- Strong interest in data driven educational practices.
- Excellent writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with nonprofit sector preferred.
- Ability to succeed in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong research skills.
Questions About DI?
We Have Answers!
30 E. Broadway, Ste 150 Eugene, OR 97401
M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We hope you stop by and see us in person, but if not, here's how to find us...